Vice President – Information Technology
November 7, 2023
The Vice President of IT is a key executive responsible for leading and managing the Group’s Information Technology department and providing the business with contemporary and innovative technology platforms. This role encompasses strategic planning, technology implementation, infrastructure management, cybersecurity, team leadership, and budget management.
The position also provides direction and overall quality assurance of the project management and governance disciplines throughout the Bahamas First Group. The VP has the overall responsibility for planning, directing & coordinating the activities pertaining to projects on an enterprise level using Agile methodologies.
- Ensure strategy, tactics and operations are fully aligned with the expectations of the Group and that strategic opportunities are identified and communicated to Executive Management.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Group’s technology infrastructure, including servers, networks, data centres, and cloud solutions.
- Ensure the reliability, scalability, and security of IT systems and services.
- Develop and implement comprehensive cybersecurity strategies and policies to protect the organization’s data and systems.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and industry best practices.
- Lead major IT projects, including system upgrades, migrations, and new technology implementations.
- Ensure that project scope, objectives, and deliverables meet business needs, and manage resources and budgets accordingly.
- Ensure a service excellence culture is driven throughout IT operations and services, and that customer/internal stakeholder expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ensure external vendors are managed to conform with relevant internal and external standards, policies and procedures, instructions, frameworks, and guidelines.
- Develop and manage the department’s budget, including forecasting, cost control, and financial reporting – ensuring that it is aligned to strategy and achieves the operational requirements.
- Make strategic investment decisions to optimize technology resources.
- Ensure financial compliance with company’s accounting practices, policies, and procedures (including legislative requirements).
- Recruit, train, and manage a high-performing IT team, including managers, engineers, support staff, and other professionals.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative culture within the IT department.
- Conduct performance reviews, provide coaching, and promote professional development.
- Provide risk remediation action plans that have been recommended, communicated, and controlled.
- Ensure compliance to relevant statutory regulations and Group Risk Management policy in Bahamas First.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for technology-driven innovations to improve business efficiency and competitiveness.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field, 10 years of leadership experience, or an equivalent combination of education and or experience in a related field
- Senior IT management experience with 10 years within the IT domain
- 5 years of Service Management, IT process and IT Technology experience
- Specific significant experience in managing an extensive & distributed IT ecosystem
- Experience in developing and implementing an effective IT operations strategy
Interested persons should apply in writing to The Manager of Human Resources & Administration at email@example.com by 22 November 2023.