Who pays for the rental home or apartment that my family is in while our house is being repaired due to damage by an insured peril?

October 30, 2020

The Rent & Alternative Accommodations provision in your insurance policy should cover any additional living expenses, such as temporary housing, that you incur while your home is being repaired. However, cover is limited to 10% of the sum insured on your building and if applicable , your contents. Your home must be rendered uninhabitable for this provision to apply.