Is my landlord responsible for damage to my personal property if there is a fire?

October 30, 2020

No, and that’s exactly why you, as a tenant should buy householders contents insurance. This cover will provide protection for your personal property against loss or damage caused by insured perils usually covered in our householder’s policies.